With no. of cases rising, newer symptoms are observed to watch out for in order to report a COVID -19 infection. However, it is important to note that in some instances, individuals with no symptoms are also reported to have a COVID-19 infection. Anyone can have mild to severe symptoms but, older adults and people who have severe underlying medical conditions like heart or lung disease or diabetes seem to be at higher risk for developing more serious complications from COVID-19 illness.
People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. It affects different people in different ways. Most infected people develop mild to moderate illness and recover without hospitalization however, a few could be severely infected leading to major complications and even death.
Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus.
The following symptoms could be suggestive of a COVID-19 infection:
Most common symptoms:
- Dry cough
Less common symptoms:
- Aches and pains
- Sore throat
- Loss of taste or smell
- A rash on skin, or discolouration of fingers or toes
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Chest pain or pressure
- Loss of speech or movement
On an average these symptoms take 5–6 days to develop, from the day of infection, however it can also take up to 14 days.
What should you do if you have any of the above symptoms?
- People with mild symptoms who are otherwise healthy should manage themselves at home with strict home quarantine practices.
- If you have serious symptoms, call your doctor and seek a medical advice urgently.
Following are the tests available for diagnosis and screening of COVID-19:
|COVID-19 RT-PCR Test||COVID-19 Antibody Test||COVID-19 Antigen Test|
|Determines if there is a current infection.||Determines if you had a past infection and if you have developed antibodies against the same.||Determines if the person has a current infection.|
|Recommended for individuals who are symptomatic or who have been in contact with a positive case.||Recommended for people who want to resume offices, healthcare workers, individuals living in red zones and immunocompromised individuals.||Recommended for symptomatic individuals and high-risk asymptomatic individuals, preoperative patients, pregnant females planned for delivery.|
|Performed through a nasal and throat swab at exclusive COVID-19 collection centres.||A simple blood test performed at all the centres.||Performed through a nasal swab at exclusive COVID-19 collection centres.|
*Home visit services can be availed for COVID-19 RT-PCR test and COVID-19 Antibody test.
- Guidelines from Centers for disease control and prevention (CDC)
- Guidelines from World Health Organization (WHO)
- Inauguration of BKC COVID FACILITY by Honorable Chief Minister
- 1000 Patients Discharge
- Independence Day Celebration
- Orientation And Visit by Honorable Sharad Pawar sir
- Inauguration of Dialysis Unit
- Inauguration of separate Pediatric Ward
- 5000 Patient Discharge
- Inauguration of DCHC phase 2
- Visit to BKC FACILITY by Supriya Sule Tai
- Inauguration of container lab(VITL Lab)
- Inauguration of post COVID OPD.
- 10,000 patients successful treatment and discharge of patients from 18th may 2020 till date.